Building the James & Roselyn McRae Sr. Memorial Sports Arena
Welcome to the home of the New Virginia Squires. We will have 2 semi-pro basketball teams, one for men and one for women. Our seating goal is less at 2,000. We need the support of the community not only to build our facility, but to keep the doors open. We will be able to play volleyball, tennis, and other sports with no problems. One of the key things about Stop & Pop Youth Sports Charities INC being a nonprofit charity in Virginia and in Georgia is that there is A VERY SMALL CHARGE OF $10 PER MONTH FOR ANY CHILD IN OUR PROGRAMS!!! Although we need financial contributions from the community, we will never turn a child away for financial reasons. Children with advanced behavior issues will be sourced to better situated programs until we get the capabilities to handle those children. Please support our movement today, remember 24 hours of care and concern!
The story of Stop & Pop Youth Sports Charities Inc
This is why we are doing the work that we do!
- 39% of the homeless population are kids under the age of 18.
- An estimated 1.5 to 2.8 million homeless and street youth in America.
- If they all lived one city, it would be the 7th largest city in the U.S.
- 13 kids die on the streets every day from abuse, disease and suicide. That's 5000 kids a year!
- 1 in 7 kids between ages 10 and 18 will run away
- The average age a teen becomes homeless is 14.7 years. Half of the homeless youth population is under the age of 18.
- 46% of homeless youth left their home because of physical abuse. 17% left because of sexual abuse
- Human trafficking of youth is the fastest growing crime.
- An estimated 100,000 children are sold into the sex trade within the US every year.